Sunday, February 1, 2009

Scotland

The first trip we took out of England was to Edinburgh Scotland. We saw the Edinburgh Castle, as well as the shops in the town. It was a very cute little town. There was also a farmers market there that we went to. One of the traditional dishes of Scotland was Haggis. I chose to try this, along with some of the other girls that I was with, however I did not choose to know what it was until after I ate it, and I was glad because there is no way I would have ate it. Here is the definition of what it is: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Surprisingly it was not as gross as it sounds, but I don't think I will be eating it again anytime soon.


The other thing that I did while I was there was have a kilt made for myself. That is the true Scottish attire, everyone wears one whether you work at a fast food place, or in a business setting! There were also many people playing bagpipes all over the street, almost like people play music over here for money on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment